If you are not certified under the CPUC Clearinghouse program, please review the benefits of certification. An outline of the requirements for certification, links to more information and application forms are available at the following link: http://www.suppliernetwork.net.
If you have subcontractors who are certified or may be qualified, please let us know.
If you might be qualified but are not yet certified, please review the FAQs below:
- Certification is available to any U.S. supplier who is 51% women; minority; lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT); and disabled veteran-owned and controlled. This is available to U.S. citizens and legal aliens.
- The process takes 45-90 days for new applications to be reviewed.
- If you are already certified and in good standing with either the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) and/or the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- You still must become certified by the CPUC but the application process is simplified.
- Although approval is not automatic, you will likely be approved if you meet the requirements.
- There is no charge to apply or participate in the program.
- Certification is good for three years and then a short re-verification application must be submitted.
- Qualified applicants are entered into a supplier database accessed by participating utilities.
- Certification is through The Supplier Clearinghouse, 606 S. Olive St., Ste. 1120, Los Angeles, CA 90014. If you have questions regarding applications, call The Supplier Clearinghouse at 800-359–7998.