Call Park is different from holding a call: the call is parked on another contact’s line, freeing up your line so you can place other calls. You could also park a call on your own extension to continue the call from another device.
To park a call on your Polycom phone:
- Press the Park softkey. (You may need to press the More key to see this option.)
- Dial the extension you want to park the call on. You can park the call on your own extension or someone else’s.
- Press Enter. You will hear a voice prompt stating that you parked the call.
To retrieve the call after it’s been parked:
- Press the Retrieve softkey. (You may need to press the More key to see this option.)
- Dial the extension you parked the call on. Remember, this could be your own extension or someone else’s.
- Press Enter.
If a parked call is not retrieved after a certain amount of time, it will return to your extension and ring again.
Here are some additional details on how call parking works:
- The caller will not know that they have been parked. While the call is parked and retrieved, the caller hears on-hold music.
- Parking a call on an extension takes up a line on that extension.
- If you do not have the Park or Retrieve softkeys on your phone, use Feature Access Codes. Put the call on hold, then dial *68 and the extension to park the call on. (For example, to park a call on extension 1234, dial *681234.) To retrieve the call, dial *88 and the extension.
- If you’re unable to retrieve a parked call from an extension that is not your own, it’s possible there is a configuration setting that might need to be changed. We recommend that you contact your administrator to get this corrected.