Sequential Ring allows you to sequentially ring up to 5 locations (in addition to your base location or primary phone number) for a specified number of rings. This enables the service to “find” you if you commonly work in multiple locations or use secondary devices.
The Sequential Ring service tries the specified locations in sequence until it receives an answer. The caller hears a comfort message every 20 seconds of the ring sequence. When you answer the call at one of those locations, the call is connected as usual. If none of the numbers in the sequence answer, the caller is directed to your voicemail.
- Log in to voice.dscicorp.com.
- Click Incoming Calls on the left-hand menu.
- On the Incoming Calls page, click the Sequential Ring link in the Advanced column.
- The Sequential Ring page opens.
- Check Use Base Location First if you want the service to ring your primary device first before moving on to the secondary locations.
- Select a number on the Number of rings for Base Location dropdown for the number of times you want the primary device to ring. If desired, check Continue the search process if the base location is busy.
- If desired, check Enable caller to skip search process. The caller can press # to end the ring sequence and transfer to your voicemail.
- Establish the ring sequence for calls that activate Sequential Ring. Enter up to 5 phone numbers with an associated number of rings. To prompt the answering party to enter a confirmation digit to complete the call, check Answer confirmation required.
- Click OK or Apply to save changes.
- (Optional) To specify a time or holiday schedule for Sequential Ring, and/or to limit Sequential Ring to specific callers’ phone numbers only, click Add to add a sequential ring entry. Sequential ring entries appear at the bottom of the Sequential Ring page; check the Active box to activate or deactivate an entry.