As an administrator, you can upload custom audio or video files to be played for callers on hold instead of the default Music on Hold from TPx.
This service can be used in conjunction with the Call Hold and Call Park services. Music on hold for Call Centers is enabled and selected separately for each Call Center.
Note that each time a caller is placed on hold, the Music On Hold file will start playing from the beginning.
To manage Music/Video on Hold settings:
- Log in to voice.dscicorp.com with your admin credentials.
- Click Services on the left menu.
- On the Services page, click Music/Video on Hold in the Basic column.
- Select Edit next to Group or the Department name (if applicable). The Music/Video on Hold Modify page opens.
- On the General Settings tab, check or uncheck the boxes to enable or disable music/video during Call Hold, Call Park, and Busy Camp On.
- If desired, change the source of the Music/Video On Hold message as follows:
Option Details System Defined Music/Video This plays the default music/video selection. External Source TPx does not support this option. Custom Music/Video File This allows you to select from the custom files that are already stored in the Announcement Repository. To play custom music, select an audio announcement from the Audio drop-down list. If your Music/Video On Hold service has video support enabled, you can also select a video announcement from the Video drop-down list.
- (optional) Click the Internal Calls Settings tab and check Use Alternate Source for Internal Calls to define custom settings for internal calls for the group or selected department. (When this box is unchecked, the settings on the General Settings tab are used for internal calls.)
- Click OK or Apply to save your changes, or Cancel to exit without saving.