Supported Security Devices
The following devices have been found to work well with UCx (changes may occur without notice):
|Asus||RT series routers|
Valet 10M Wireless Router
Routers running NAT
|Clear Access||AG 10W|
|Fortinet||All current Fortinet models|
BEFSR41 V3 (Note 3)
E1000, E1200, E3000 (Note 2)
RT31P2 (Note 1)
RV042 and RV180W (Note 3)
WRT54GS (Note 1)
|Netgear||CG3000DCR (UDP Only)
N600 WNDR 3400 Dual Band Wireless router and N300
R7000 router (AC 1900 Nighthawk Smart Wifi Router) (Note 6)
WGR614 v9 and R6300
|Shark UTM by Addition Networks||Shark UTM 4000 (Note 7)|
|Sonicwall (Note 4)||2400 and NSA 3500|
|Technicolor||8717 (TC8717) (Note 5)|
|Ubee||DOCSIS 3.0 EMTA DVM3200|
- This device works best with only 1 or 2 users.
- This device works best with 5 or fewer users.
- This device works with only 1 user.
- Recent updates by Sonicwall have caused interoperability issues with some Sonicwall models and TPx’s UCx service. You may need to contact Sonicwall technical support for UCx to function properly.
- ISP must set device for bridge mode and disable NAT.
- Requires SIP ALG to be disabled; it is enabled by default on this model.
- This device requires involved configuration steps. Consult a TPx technician for details.
Unsupported Security Devices
The following devices are unsupported with UCx:
Ubee all-in-one gateway
Wireless Pre N Router model F5D8230-4 – version 2000
Wireless Pre N Router model F5D8233-4v3
|Motorola||SBG6580 DOCSIS 3.0|
|PROSAFE||VPN FIREWALL (with 8-PORT 10/100 SWITCH FVS338 running firmware 3.0.5-24)|
|Time Warner Cable||Ubee all-in-one|
In addition, we do not support any device that has reached end-of-life with the manufacturer.