Spending on unified communications as a service (UCaaS) solutions recently spiked 41% worldwide. As the workforce becomes more distributed and employees need to exchange information, documents, and data faster and more easily, the need for UCaaS will continue to rise. Knowing how to maximize your UCaaS solutions can help you get a faster and higher return on your investment.
What Is a UCaaS Solution?
Unified communications as a service (UCaaS) refers to a cloud-based communications system that brings together telephony, audio and video conferencing, and messaging. Instead of having to procure these services individually from different providers, an organization can opt for a single UCaaS solution, keeping all your business communications under a single umbrella.
UCaaS Solutions Are More Than Voice
Despite the number of organizations that seek out UCaaS solutions for their telephony needs, phone services merely scratch the surface of UCaaS’ potential. By unifying phone calling, messaging, meetings, video conferencing, and screen sharing in a single application, you get a comprehensive communication solution while also enhancing efficiency. You save time and make it easier to organize data when you don’t have to constantly pivot from one app to another.
How to Maximize Your UCaaS Solution
The key to maximizing your UCaaS solution is to avoid limiting yourself to the functions you would traditionally only use for calling or conference bridges; it’s best to leverage as many features as possible. This way, they all get woven into your operational fabric. Here are some ways to get the most out of your UCaaS solution:
- Continue to use—and increase the use of—videoconferencing. This saves time and is often more convenient for users, even when they’re on the same campus.
- Encourage chatting between team members to enhance the frequency with which they share data, files, and ideas. This can include sending fun gifs and memes, which could improve your virtual culture.
- Collaborate with team members using a UCaaS solution, either in conjunction with—or instead of—meeting face-to-face. UCaaS can help enhance collaboration, especially when you have a distributed workforce.
What to Look for in a UCaaS Solution
Your UCaaS solution should make it easier to communicate while simultaneously reducing the number of communication systems you need. It’s best to identify a partner that has an easy-to-use interface, as well as a full selection of features, such as:
- The ability to join meetings with a single click
- Immersive sharing among participants
- Automatic note-taking
- Transcription of what’s said during meetings
- Live translations
- Whiteboarding within the UCaaS app
- The ability to highlight the most important messages in a chat
TPx has all of these features and more in UCx with Webex. Learn how it can boost your team’s performance today.