Automatic Hold/Retrieve provides an alternate method to hold and retrieve calls. When this feature is active, you can automatically hold and retrieve incoming calls without having to use feature access codes. Specifically:
- Calling a user with Automatic Hold/Retrieve puts the caller on hold.
- Transferring a call to a user with Automatic Hold/Retrieve holds the remote party.
- You can hold a call against a user with Automatic Hold/Retrieve.
- You can retrieve a held call by calling a user with Automatic Hold/Retrieve who has a call on hold.
After a call has been held on a user with Automatic Hold/Retrieve for a long time, the service will try to recall the party who transferred the call to that user. If the recall is answered, the transferring party is connected to the held party. If the recall hits the busy treatment (or any other treatment), the recall is aborted and will be retried 10 seconds later. If the recall is not answered, it will ring until there is a device timeout, and then the recall will be retried 10 seconds later.
Enable or Disable Automatic Hold/Retrieve
- Log in to ucx.telepacific.com.
- Click Incoming Calls on the left-hand menu.
- On the Incoming Calls page, click the Automatic Hold/Retrieve link in the Advanced column.
- The Automatic Hold/Retrieve page opens.
- Set Automatic Hold/Retrieve to On to enable the service, or Off to disable the service.
- In the Automatically retrieve the call after text box, specify a number of seconds between 6 and 600. The recall portion of the Automatic Hold/Retrieve feature kicks in after a call has been held for the value specified here.
- Click OK or Apply to save changes, or Cancel to exit without saving.