A Call Pickup Group allows users to answer a call that is ringing at another extension within that group. If more than one phone within the group is ringing, the phone that has been ringing the longest is the one that gets picked up. When the call is picked up from another extension, the extension that was ringing is free to receive other calls.
After you have configured Call Pickup, users can dial a feature access code to use this service.
Add a Call Pickup Group
- Log in to voice.dscicorp.com with your admin credentials.
- Click Services on the left menu.
- On the Services page, click Call Pickup in the Basic column.
- The Call Pickup page opens. Click the Add button.
- The Call Pickup Add page opens.
- Enter a name for the new Call Pickup Group.
- Use the search fields to locate the user(s) you want to add as agents for the group, or just click Search to list all users. Select the name(s) in the Available Users column, then click Add or Add All. To remove users, select them in the Assigned Users column and click Remove, or click Remove All to unassign all users.
- Click OK to save, or Cancel to exit without saving.