Message Greetings allow you to personalize the greetings that callers hear or see when you do not answer the call. You can also configure a different greeting for when you are away for an extended period of time (such as when you are on vacation). Your greeting can be a generic system recording or a personalized recording.
Access the Greetings Page
- Log in to the UCx Web Portal at voice.dscicorp.com.
- Click Messaging on the left-hand menu.
- On the Messaging page, click the Greetings link in the Basic column.
- The Greetings page opens.
- Configure the messaging options as outlined below (Message Deposit, Busy Greeting, and No Answer Greeting), then click OK or Apply to save changes. To exit without saving, click Cancel or select another page.
Configure Message Deposit
To prevent callers from leaving you messages, check Disable Message Deposit, then select an option:
- To disconnect the call after the greeting message has played, select Disconnect call after greeting.
- To forward the call to a specified number after the greeting message has played, select Forward call after greeting to and enter the phone number.
Configure Your Busy Greeting
Select whether you want callers to hear the default system greeting or a personal greeting:
- If you choose System greeting, callers hear or see the system’s standard greeting when your phone is busy.
- If you choose Personal greeting, select a greeting from the Audio drop-down list. If you have Video Messaging enabled, you can also select a video greeting from the Video drop-down list.
Configure Your No-Answer Greeting
From the drop-down menu, select the number of times you want your phone to ring before callers are directed to your voice mailbox and hear your greeting.
Select whether you want callers to hear the No Answer Greeting or the Extended Away option.
If you select Extended Away, configure the following:
- Check the Disable Message Deposit box if you would like to disable message deposit when you are away.
- Select a greeting from the Audio drop-down list. If you have Video Messaging enabled, you can also select a video greeting from the Video drop-down list.
If you select No Answer Greeting, configure the following:
- Select the default System greeting, or select Unavailable Greeting to use a personal greeting.
- If you choose Personal Greeting, select a greeting from the Audio drop-down list. If you have Video Messaging enabled, you can also select a video greeting from the Video drop-down list.
- You can select up to three alternate greetings. For each alternate greeting you wish to configure, select a greeting from the corresponding drop-down list.
- Other services, such as Call Forwarding No Answer, share this setting. If you change it in one service, the change affects all other services using this value.
- If you use a mobile phone for the Simultaneous Ring service, you should configure your Voice Messaging service to answer your phone in three rings or fewer. Some mobile phones have slower location and connection services, which may delay the Simultaneous Ringing to the mobile phone from occurring before the Voice Messaging service answers.
- For Video Messaging users: If the calling party is not able to see video, they will only hear the audio greeting.