Video Add-On allows you to configure a video-capable device in addition to your phone. The configured device will be used when you place or receive a call to a person that has video capability.
Even if your primary device includes video capability, you can use this feature in conjunction with the Remote Office service. For example, if you have a traditional phone in your home office, you can use Video Add-On to receive the video portion of a call on your home’s computer screen.
If you activate this feature, you must have a video device that is turned on and reachable by the system to receive video.
- Log in to voice.dscicorp.com.
- Click Call Control on the left-hand menu.
- On the Call Control page, click the Video Add-On link in the Advanced column.
- The Video Add-On page opens.
- To turn your video device on or off, select On or Off.
- Set the maximum delay you want to wait for a video device to “answer” on outgoing calls. For Maximum Originating Call Delay, select a time from the dropdown list. The default time is 2 seconds.
- Click OK or Apply to save changes, or Cancel to exit without saving.