Networking Solutions Requirements in 2022
Networking Solutions Topics
These are the five must-have requirements of a solid networking solution for businesses to have in 2022.
- Email applications
- Phone systems
- Unified communications and collaboration applications
- E-commerce applications
- Customer and partner admin portals
- Contact center software
- Office productivity applications (e.g., Microsoft Office or G-Suite)
- File sharing applications
- Accounting software
- Customer relationship management (CRM) applications
- Human resources (HR) files and employee records
- Accounting and billing systems
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Supply chain management (SCM)
- Payroll systems
- Lost productivity
- Lost sales
- Lost customers
- Damaged reputation
- Next-Generation Firewalls
- Backup and Data Recovery
- Password Management
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Patch Management
Speed refers to the maximum rate of transmitting data, typically measured as megabits per second (Mbps). Network speed is essential to both employee and customer experience. For example, storefront retail organizations need credit cards processed at an acceptable rate to complete the transaction so that customers aren’t upset at the hassle of trying to pay for their products.
Bandwidth refers to the maximum amount of data your connection can handle at any moment, also measured as Mbps (and increasingly Gbps, for gigabyte connections). Adequate bandwidth is required to ensure that all of your applications can function simultaneously.
Technically speaking, a “high availability” network has built-in failover at the hardware level. You might have multiple circuits connected to an SD-WAN edge device so that if one circuit goes down, another circuit will be up. However, if the SD-WAN device fails, it no longer matters there are two circuits; the entire network will go down. A network that has “high availability” addresses this by incorporating redundant hardware.
Have more questions about networking solutions?
We can help! Get in touch with us below to speak to one of our experts.
"*" indicates required fields