Call parking or camping allows you to find a temporary “parking place” for a call. If a parked or camped call is not answered within a predefined amount of time, the call is recalled and reappears in your Call Console.
Busy Camp On
Busy Camp On allows you to place a call at a busy contact. The call is automatically transferred to the destination when the contact becomes available to take the call. A call to camp must be active or held, and the destination contact must be either Busy or Ringing.
- In the Call Console, select the call to camp.
- In your Group/Enterprise or Favorites directory, click a Busy or Ringing contact and click CAMP.
- Once the call is camped, it is removed from the Call Console.
If the call timer expires before the call is answered, the call is recalled to your device and reappears in the Call Console.
Group Call Park
Group Call Park searches within a predefined hunt group for an available line on which to park a call. After a designated time, the call returns to the originating operator or a specified hunt group (depending on how the service is configured). If the parking attempt fails for any reason, the call remains in your Call Console.
To perform a Group Call Park:
- In the Call Console, move the mouse over an active or held call and click PARK.
- The call is parked on an available extension and removed from the Call Console.
If the call timer expires before the call is answered, the call may be recalled to your device and reappear in your Call Console.