Follow these three steps to record a new greeting through a phone and add it to an Auto Attendant menu or submenu. You can also use a pre-recorded WAV file for the greeting if it meets TPx’s specifications; if so, skip ahead to Step 2 below.
Step 1: Record a New Greeting From a Phone
- Using a phone that is not yours, call your extension and let it go to voicemail.
- At the beep, record the new Auto Attendant greeting as a voice message. If you make a mistake, don’t hang up; just press # and start again.
- Hang up when you’ve successfully recorded the message.
- You will receive an email from VMGW@dsci-net.com with a WAV file attached. Save the WAV file to your computer.
Step 2: Upload the Greeting
- Log in to the UCx Web Portal at voice.dsci-net.com with your group admin credentials.
- On the Group home page, click Services on the left-hand menu. Then, on the Group – Services page, click Auto Attendant.
- The Auto Attendant page lists all Auto Attendants currently configured for your group. On this list, locate the Auto Attendant you wish to modify, and click Edit.
- The Profile page for the selected Auto Attendant will open. Under the Basic profile, click on Announcement Repository.
- On the Announcement Repository page, click Add.
- In the Name text box, enter the name that will be used to identify the announcement.
- Click Choose File and select the WAV file for the new announcement.
- Click OK to save changes and upload the file.
Step 3: Add the Greeting to Your Auto Attendant
- While in the UCx Web Portal, go back to Services in the Options menu, then select Auto Attendant.
- Locate the Auto Attendant you wish to modify, and click Edit.
- Select the menu or submenu to update:
- To update a menu: Click Menus, then select one of the following options as appropriate: Business Hours Menu, After Hours Menu, or Holiday Menu.
- To update a submenu: Click Submenus, then select the appropriate submenu.
- Click Personal Greeting and select the new announcement in the pull-down box.
- Click OK or Apply to save changes.