Silently Monitor Agent’s Calls
Call Center allows you to listen to monitored agents’ calls without being heard. You can listen in on selected agents for phone and ACD state monitoring.
You can silently monitor one agent at a time, and the agent you monitor must have the Call Center Agent Premium service assigned.
You can choose to monitor the agent’s current call or next incoming call. To monitor the current call, the agent must have exactly one active call.
To silently listen in on an agent’s current call:
- In the Contacts pane, expand the Agents panel and click the agent to monitor. The agent must have exactly one active call.
- Click SM for that agent.
A new call is created in the Conference Call panel. You are conferenced in to the call and muted (Silent Monitoring)
To silently listen to an on agent’s next call:
- In the Contacts pane, expand the Agents panel.
- Click the target agent and click SMN for that agent. A monitoring call is established for the selected agent.
When the next call is received and answered by the agent, you are conferenced in to the call and your call is muted. Both calls appear in the Conference Call panel.
To barge in on a call you are silently monitoring:
In the Conference Call panel, click BARGE. You are conferenced in to the call.
Barge in on Agent’s Call
Supervisor Barge-In allows you to barge in on an agent’s call. This is useful when you want to enter a call that’s already established between two other people. You can only barge in on agents who you selected for phone and ACD state monitoring.
To barge in on an agent’s call:
- In the Contacts pane, expand the Agents panel and select an agent. The agent must have exactly one active call.
- Click the agent to expand the entry and click BARGE. A Three-Way Conference is established.
Pick Up Agent’s Ringing Call
Supervisor Call Pickup allows you to pick up an unanswered call on behalf of an agent. This is useful when the agent is away or busy.
To pick up an unanswered call for an agent:
- In the Agents panel, select an agent whose phone is ringing.
- Move the mouse over the agent and click ANS.
You are now answering the call, and the call appears in the Call Console.